2021 tax filing season delayed - Begins February 12
The Internal Revenue Service announced that the nation's tax season will start on Friday, February 12, 2021, when the tax agency will begin accepting and processing 2020 tax year returns.
The February 12th start date for individual tax return filers allows the IRS time to do additional programming and testing of IRS systems following the December 27th tax law changes that provided a second round of Economic Impact Payments and other benefits.
This means that any returns prepared prior to February 12th will not be accepted, or processed, by the IRS. Despite this initial filing delay, VITA filing season will begin as scheduled starting on Monday, February 1st.
2020 Tax Filing Options - Income Based Tax Filing Assistance Available
Erie FCU is proud to once again support Erie FREE Taxes, a no-fee program that helps anyone with low to moderate income to file their Federal, State, and Local taxes for free. This free service is available to members with household incomes of $56,000 or less.
*Drop-Off service will be available at the Erie FCU Glenwood Office – 3503 Peach Street, Erie, PA 16508
Things are a little different this year due to COVID-19.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Please pick up your “VITA”/Erie Free Taxes packet at any of our branches and complete at home - Packets will be available January 8th.
- Place all tax documents in envelope with your completed paperwork. Packets must be complete prior to drop off.
- Drop off at Glenwood Branch at the Peach Street / West Entrance only (see image). There will be a drop off box.
- The drop off box will be available February 1
- Drop off hours will coincide with Branch hours: www.eriefcu.org/locations
For more information: www.eriefcu.org/taxes
Online Filing- Log onto https://www.unitedwayerie.org/learn/eriefreetaxes/ to file your taxes.
For appointment information at other tax sites call 1-888-829-5680.