- Home »
- Introducing EMV Technology
Coming Your Way... EMV Chip Cards
If you are an Erie FCU MasterCard® credit card holder, you will soon be receiving the new chip card. These cards will replace your existing MasterCard credit cards. Your new Erie FCU MasterCard® will have chip along with magnetic stripe technology. That means, regardless of what type of terminal a merchant has, you’ll be able to use your card anywhere MasterCard® is accepted.
|Recent media attention has focused on a deadline for chip-enabled technology and liability. Please note that this deadline is for merchants, and does not impact you as a cardholder.|
Chip Cards Are Easy To Use
- At retailers with chip-enabled terminals. Insert your card and follow the prompts on the terminal.
- At retailers without chip terminals. Swipe your card and proceed as you normally would.
- Over the phone or online. Provide your card information the way you always have when you're ready to make a purchase.
- This new method of using your chip card is known as “dipping".